At The Neerlandia Co-op, we’re looking for energetic, motivated individuals who can consistently create welcoming, positive and memorable experiences for customers, stakeholders and fellow employees. Our employees are our success.
Our employees are the key to our success
The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) recognizes that our employees are key to
the success of our organization. We are committed to taking care of our employees and offer a variety of attractive benefits. These may include: a health care plan, learning and development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and an employer-matched pension plan.
If you have the desire to grow and develop, the opportunities are endless. The CRS offers a variety of positions in a number of different areas at over 500 locations throughout Western Canada. Many of our employees started in entry-level jobs and, with training and development, were able to progress to positions of greater responsibility.
Learning and Development
The CRS offers all of our employees the training they need to develop their careers. We offer a variety of training experiences including hands-on learning and off-site seminars on a variety of topics. We are committed to promoting employees from within our organization and offer a number of programs that provide employees with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. Find more information on the learning and development programs that we offer here.
The CRS has a career that will fit your lifestyle. Whether you are a young-at-heart retiree, a stay-at-home parent looking for something to do while the kids are in school, or a student looking to make some extra money, we have the schedule that will fit your life circumstances.
The CRS is interested in assisting our employees to reach their educational goals. Employees may qualify to receive 75% tuition reimbursement upon successful completion of an approved course.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS.
The Service Centre is looking to fill a full-time Operations Assistant position, see below for a description of responsibilities and requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Administration Assistant (30%)
- Print and match reports for sales and invoicing.
- Balance statements of accounts.
- Data entry for departmental expense tracking.
Customer Service (40%)
- Post service follow-up calls.
- Invoice data entry.
- Assist the Service Advisor.
Parts and Inventory Tech (30%)
- Counting and correction of inventory items and locations.
- Data entry of inventory purchasing and receiving.
- Parts sales tracking for marketing and sales.
- Researching and finding parts for special orders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
– Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
– Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written communication)
– High level of energy with strong customer service skills
– Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly
– Basic math and computer skills
– Ability to lift, pull, push minimum of 50lbs
– Ability to follow protocols and directions
Job Type: Full-time, available to work Monday-Saturday
To Apply: Fill in the application form below or send your resume + cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.The Service Centre is looking for a full-time, permanent individual to take on the role of Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant is responsible for helping carry our various duties to help with the daily operations of the Service Centre. We are looking for an individual who has a keen eye for detail, thrives working in a fast-paced environment, has exceptional customer service skills, and an overall great team player to help strengthen and grow our team.