At The Neerlandia Co-op, we’re looking for energetic, motivated individuals who can consistently create welcoming, positive and memorable experiences for customers, stakeholders and fellow employees. Our employees are our success.
Our employees are the key to our success
The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) recognizes that our employees are key to
the success of our organization. We are committed to taking care of our employees and offer a variety of attractive benefits. These may include: a health care plan, learning and development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, and an employer-matched pension plan.
If you have the desire to grow and develop, the opportunities are endless. The CRS offers a variety of positions in a number of different areas at over 500 locations throughout Western Canada. Many of our employees started in entry-level jobs and, with training and development, were able to progress to positions of greater responsibility.
Learning and Development
The CRS offers all of our employees the training they need to develop their careers. We offer a variety of training experiences including hands-on learning and off-site seminars on a variety of topics. We are committed to promoting employees from within our organization and offer a number of programs that provide employees with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. Find more information on the learning and development programs that we offer here.
The CRS has a career that will fit your lifestyle. Whether you are a young-at-heart retiree, a stay-at-home parent looking for something to do while the kids are in school, or a student looking to make some extra money, we have the schedule that will fit your life circumstances.
The CRS is interested in assisting our employees to reach their educational goals. Employees may qualify to receive 75% tuition reimbursement upon successful completion of an approved course.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS.
Firearms Sales Support Assistant
The Sporting Goods Department is looking to fill a full-time Firearms Sales Support Assistant position, see below for a description of responsibilities and requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive product and enter data into computer system
- Prepare orders for shipment; includes compiling orders and packaging
- Assure high standard in visual presentation of Firearms Centre – merchandise recovering/front-facing, restocking, clean and organized displays
- Aid in providing customer service and handling transactions
Education, Experience & Certificates
- High school diploma
- Valid PAL (Possession and Acquisition License) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to lift, pull, push minimum of 50lbs
- Ability to follow protocol and directions
- Dependable, honest, committed, positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Organized, methodical, and detail-oriented, and able to keep neat, accurate and orderly records
- Excel in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly
Job Type: Full-time, available to work Monday-Saturday
To Apply: Fill in the application form below or send your resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.The Sporting Goods department is looking for an organized and energetic employee to strengthen and grow our business by assisting in the Firearms Centre. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a keen eye for detail and exceptional organization skills. Assistants in this department play a large role in providing products to our customers, and will spend most of their time processing orders whether it be receiving, merchandising, or for shipment, and providing assistance on the sales floor as required.